Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Qualifications: ISO 13485, FDA Registered, CGMP Certified, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
An end-to-end solutions provider, Tegra Medical offers contract manufacturing, from prototyping to production of complex components and finished devices, as well as full finishing, assembly and packaging. We make products for leading surgical, interventional and orthopaedic companies in the areas of orthopaedics, cardiac care, women’s health, neurology, ophthalmology, radiology, pain management, diabetes and other medical specialties. The types of procedures often include arthroscopy, endoscopy, joint reconstruction, biopsies, and drug delivery using a wide range of devices such as implants, needles, cannula, fixation systems, probes, wires, catheters, stylets, mandrels and many more.
We have four manufacturing locations in the U.S. and Costa Rica with additional sales offices in the U.S. and Europe. With an exclusive focus on medical device manufacturing, we answer our customers’ needs for innovative solutions, rapid turnaround and dedicated customer service.
Medical Device Manufacturing Capabilities
Tegra Medical’s capabilities for medical device manufacturing range from grinding and machining to the creation of complete, finished medical devices:
- Laser cutting welding, marking - We have the capacity to support prototyping needs as well as high volume production of a wide range of material including Nitinol, Platinum, Nickel, Titanium, Inconel, Hastelloy, 300 and 400 series Stainless Steels and many more.
- Precision grinding - customers have long relied on us for the highest quality grinding services. We handle the most demanding geometries with tight tolerances. Our expertise includes needle pointing, thru-feed grinding, in-feed grinding and electrochemical grinding.
- CNC Swiss machining - we offer the best in CNC Swiss machining performance, supported by the latest equipment and manned by expert technicians. Our CNC Swiss machines offer precise, repeatable machine movements that can be programmed for optimal speeds, feeds, and machine cycles.
- CNC milling and turning - Swiss-style machining centers, multi-access mills and lathes, and experienced toolmakers offer exceptional precision machining for tight tolerance work on metal components used in interventional, orthopaedic and minimally invasive devices.
- Nitinol memory shape setting - Tegra Medical has been precision machining, laser cutting and laser welding Nitinol for many years. We have long-standing working relationships with the raw material suppliers and work with the Nitinol wire, ribbon, and tubing you need for your medical device manufacturing.
- Electronic discharge machining - we offer extensive EDM capabilities, which provide a superior manufacturing process for creating complex geometries. EDM is well-established as an essential capability for manufacturing medical devices, especially when working with tight tolerances and in circumstances where you need high accuracy and reproducibility.
- Gundrilling - gundrilling is an ideal solution for most deep hole requirements. The process produces accurate, repeatable holes with excellent surface finishes. It is commonly used to produce cannulated screws, nails and drills. The versatility of gundrilling machinery makes the process ideally suited for low as well as high volume production.
- Custom and specialty needles - Tegra Medical is your trusted partner for all medical needles. We offer nearly any type of needle point and procedure needles for all markets. We can also custom-manufacture needles for your unique needs.
- Metal forming - metal forming is an integral part of the medical device manufacturing industry. With the need for smaller and less invasive devices, customers have relied on Tegra Medical for years for custom wire and tube forming: bending, swaging, flaring, coining, stamping, and Nitinol heat setting.
- Injection molding - insert and injection molding is especially suited to medical device manufacturing because it ensures more uniform product quality and improved reliability. We offer PEEK molding for the cleanest edges, and can do both cold (water) and hot (oil) runner molding. We have a class 100,000 molding clean-room and a class 10,000 clean-room for assembly and packaging.
- Assembly and packaging - we offer a variety of assembly options in Class 10,000 and whiteroom environments, as well as bulk and individual unit non-sterile packaging or sterilization-ready packaging.
Medical Device Prototyping and New Product Launch Support
Our Genesis Tech Center® services are focused exclusively on your medical device product development needs. We offer all our production-quality medical machining services to address the wide range of options needed to develop and launch new medical device products quickly and cost-effectively. Our tech center comprises experienced manufacturing engineers, project leaders, technicians and machinists, as well as dedicated equipment geared to solving the most pressing product development challenges with cost-effective solutions.
Quick Wire and Tubing Store
For customers who need quick shipments of wire and tubing, Tegra Medical keeps over two million feet of wire and tubing in inventory, including a wide selection of hypo tubing and stainless and Nitinol wire. We can custom-coat and finish wires according to your specifications.
Quality & Regulatory
We are ISO 13485 certified. Learn more about our quality practices.
A member of SFS
For more information contact Tegra Medical
602 Global Park
La Aurora de Heredia
Dartmouth, MA United States
8 Ledgewood Blvd.
Hernando, MS United States
3414 Hwy 51 South Hernando, MS 38632