Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Porex, Filtration Group Company Profile
Qualifications: ISO 13485, ISO 9001, FDA Registered, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
Markets Supplied: North America, Europe, Worldwide
Porex’s Custom Solutions
Porex Corporation, a member company of the Filtration Group, takes pride in almost 60 years of partnering with our customers to deliver engineering and design innovations that turn their product ideas into reality. Through a collaborative engineering partnership, Porex develops high-value solutions to our customers’ product design challenges in absorption, application, diffusion, filtration, venting, and wicking. These material solutions can be used in medical device, analytical sciences, in-vitro diagnostics, and advanced wound care applications to improve performance and consistency. The Certified Pure POREX™ program substantiates the purity of POREX filters and materials via comprehensive testing conducted by independent laboratories. With unmatched engineering experience, stringent regulatory and quality standards, and an extensive global footprint, POREX® solutions form the standard of material excellence to bring your next product to life – and create a safer, healthier, and more productive world. Visit Porex at www.porex.com.
Protect central vacuum system lines from contaminants in collection canisters
Hospital central vacuum systems support many devices used in surgical procedures. Designed to be self-sealing, our POREX® suction canister filters help maintain the integrity of these systems. POREX® suction canister filters effectively filter the air and protect the vacuum system lines from contaminants in the fluid contained within the collection canister.
Comprised of porous plastic containing a functional additive, our suction canister filters behave as a valve by automatically and instantly shutting off airflow from the collection canister when collected fluids come in contact with the filter.
- Prevent infections –Self-sealing design prevents infectious fluid from entering the hospital central vacuum lines.
- Meet specific airflow and filtration requirements – Optimized designs have high airflow and high bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE), thereby preventing infections.
- Can be designed as a single component for easier, press-fit assembly eliminating the cost and complexity of multi-part mechanical valves.
Effectively filter blood serum samples of problematic gel and fibrin
POREX® FILTER SAMPLER® Blood Serum Filters are the industry leading sample filtering system used for the separation of serum or plasma from centrifuged blood specimens contained in the standard 16, 13 or 10.25mm evacuated blood collection tubes.
Specifically designed to function as a three-in-one filtration system that filters, pipettes and stores samples, the Filter Sampler system allows for up to seven days in primary tube storage and reduce the need for re-collects. These clinical laboratory devices:
- Protect sample integrity and instrument performance – FILTER SAMPLER technology eliminates gel particulate and fibrin in the sample, which can interfere with assay and methodology results.
- Improve efficiency – Reduce instrument downtime and allow direct sample access rather than secondary container pour-off.
- Extend storage life – CERTIFIED PURE POREX® FILTER SAMPLER is independently tested to allow for up to even-day serum storage in the primary blood collection tube.
Protect healthcare workers from pathogen exposure when using IV catheters.
POREX® safety IV catheter vents are self-sealing vent components assembled into a safety IV catheter device. This medical device is inserted into a patient’s vein to serve several important functions: to obtain blood samples from patients, to introduce fluids such as sterile saline, or to administer drugs such as IV antibiotics.
The self-sealing POREX safety IV catheter vents immediately shut off upon contact with fluids - including blood – thereby eliminating blood bypass in the “flashback chamber” to protect healthcare employees from exposure to blood and bloodborne pathogens.
- Protect healthcare employees from exposure – The vent’s “self-sealing” ability to immediately shut off upon contact with fluids eliminates fluid bypass and protects healthcare employees from blood and bloodborne pathogens.
- Meet airflow requirements – Optimized design provides desired airflow and pressure drop characteristics under venous pressure.
- Can be customized to specific assembly needs – Vent designs can be optimized for integrating into specific devices and for high-volume automated assembly
Protects instruments by degassing, and trapping particles as small as 10 microns
POREX® INLINE™ Filters are used for filtering laboratory reagents, gas, air, fuel and a variety of other liquids. Technicians all around the world choose our inline air and gas filters for their most important applications.
- Torturous Flow Path Traps Particulates – Solid polyethylene housing and filter traps particles as small as 10um.
- Wide Range of Pore Sizes Available – Available in 10um, 25um and 125um pore sizes, and length of 2.394” (60.81 mm).
- ASTM Level Retention Efficiency – Per ASTM F795-88...
For more information contact Porex, Filtration Group