Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Eastman Chemical Company Company Profile
Qualifications: ISO 9001, FDA Registered, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
Markets Supplied: North America, Europe, Worldwide
Eastman Chemical Company has been a worldwide supplier of a wide range of materials for the medical market for more than 70 years, while consistently raising standards for quality, patient safety, customer service, and sustainability. Today, as always, Eastman is committed to the long-term needs of the medical industry and is a reliable provider of innovative medical grade polymers and technical support.
Helping shape what’s next in medical devices and packaging
Eastman Chemical Company has been a worldwide supplier of a wide range of materials for the medical market for more than 70 years, while consistently raising standards for quality, patient safety, customer service, and sustainability.
Today, as always, Eastman is committed to the long-term needs of the medical industry and is a reliable provider of innovative medical grade polymers and technical support.
- Our “total solutions” approach to the medical industry delivers outstanding technical support in design, processing, and secondary operations.
- Today’s expanded portfolio of Eastman™ medical polymers makes Eastman better prepared than ever to help you shape what’s next.
Eastman can meet your needs
Eastman is well in tune with the latest industry regulations and works with customers and independent design firms to stay in step with – and often a step ahead of – our customers’ application needs. As a result, Eastman™ resins are providing solutions and safer alternatives for a wide range of medical devices, healthcare products, and packaging applications, include:
- Nonimplantable medical devices
- Blood therapy components
- Renal therapy devices
- Portable diagnostic equipment
- Heart/lung bypass system
- Needle-free injection system
- Infusion systems
- IV components
- Needleless access connector
- Drug delivery devices, including syringes, insulin pens, and inhalers
- Minimally invasive surgical devices, such as cannulas and trocar systems
- Connectors, manifolds, luers, and catheters for fluid administration
- Fluid and respiratory canisters
- Healthcare supplies
- Pharmaceutical packaging
- Rigid medical packaging
- Flexible packaging
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester – clear copolyester redefined
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester is the latest in a long line of polymer solutions for the medical industry. Its unique combination of properties allows Tritan to satisfy a set of customer needs that previously have not been met by other polymers.
Like other Eastman™ medical polymers, this next-generation copolyester provides outstanding lipid and chemical resistance, and Tritan is not manufactured with bisphenol A(BPA), ortho-phthalate plasticizers, or halogens.
In addition, Tritan offers greater toughness, heat resistance, and processability than other copolyesters. Tritan delivers outstanding performance for clear and opaque devices or equipment applications and rigid medical packaging. It is ideal for applications that demand
- Long-term toughness/product protection
- Superior chemical resistance (including lipids, IPA, disinfecting agents, and bonding solvents)
- Excellent clarity
- Retention of clarity, color stability, and functional integrity following sterilization by
- Gamma irradiation
- Electron beam (e-beam) irradiation
Explore a wide range of applications
- Devices and equipment
- IV-system components
- Blood therapy devices
- Renal therapy devices
- Patient monitoring systems
- Infusion and feeding pumps
- Drug delivery systems and devices
- Blood glucose meters and insulin pens
- Pulse oximiters and spirometer housings
- Various clear and opaque parts for instruments and...