Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Medical Adhesive Tape Products
Rolled & Converted Adhesive Coated Products
Single-Coated Medical Tapes
The adhesive is coated on one side of a carrier, which can be film, foam or nonwoven. A release liner coated on one side with silicone protects the adhesive.
- Available in a number of carriers including films, foams and nonwovens.
- Available with a number of adhesive types and coat-weights.
- Used in many segments including electromedical, ostomy and wound care.
- PU films are provided with and without added PE support (casting sheets).
Double-Coated Medical Tapes
The adhesive is coated on both sides of a film carrier material. This construction is provided on a liner coated on both sides with silicone. Double-linered, double-coated constructions may be offered.
- Offers improved internal strength.
- Greater dimensional stability, easier converting.
- Easily slit into narrow rolls.
- Adds support to otherwise stretchy materials.
Medical Transfer Tapes
A film of unsupported adhesive is coated directly onto a siliconised release liner. The release liner is coated with silicone on both sides to ensure that the tape unwinds easily and can be laminated to various substrates. Double-linered transfer tape constructions may be offered.
- Offers superior conformability.
- Ideal for device mounting and foam bonding.
- Acrylic transfer tapes are used in surgical applications.
- Hydrocolloid transfer tapes are used in ostomy and wound care applications.
Self-wound Medical Tapes
The adhesive is coated on one side of a carrier. The other side of the carrier is generally coated with silicone to enable the tape to unwind easily. Selfwound constructions are available with foam and nonwoven carriers.
- Provides wraparound sealing.
- Acts as closure system.
- Self-wound foam tapes are used in electromedical and ostomy applications.
- Self-wound nonwovens are used in electromedical and wound care applications.
- Can provide moisture vapour barrier.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Drapes
For more information contact Vancive Medical Technologies