Fact or Fiction: Debunking the 1 lb. standard for seal strength testing…
- Challenges in the early 90’s with 1.0 lb. minimum for pouches
- “How do you validate to a 1.0 lb. minimum using 90° unsupported peel test method for uncoated pouches?”
- The answers were that you can’t, unless you use the 180° supported test method.
- Over 25 years, people are still asking the same questions. What should my minimum value be, and how do I meet the 1.0 lb. seal strength “Standard” ?
- 1.0 lb. minimum for all packages and applications doesn’t make sense.
For more information contact Oliver Healthcare Packaging