Fact or Fiction: Debunking the 1 lb. standard for seal strength testing…
- Challenges in the early 90’s with 1.0 lb. minimum for pouches
- “How do you validate to a 1.0 lb. minimum using 90° unsupported peel test method for uncoated pouches?”
- The answers were that you can’t, unless you use the 180° supported test method.
- Over 25 years, people are still asking the same questions. What should my minimum value be, and how do I meet the 1.0 lb. seal strength “Standard” ?
- 1.0 lb. minimum for all packages and applications doesn’t make sense.
For more information contact Oliver Healthcare Packaging
Oliver Healthcare Packaging
Contract Manufacturing Services IVD Packaging and Sterilization Printing, Labeling, and Bar Coding Testing, Metrology, and Inspection
Flexible packaging Lidding materials and products Moisture-barrier packaging Pouches and bags Rollstock Seals Sterilizable packaging and associated components Trays Wraps and overwraps