Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Qualifications: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, FDA Registered, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
Markets Supplied: North America, Europe, Worldwide
Minnesota Rubber & Plastics
Bring medical device innovations to life. Faster.
Minnesota Rubber and Plastics (MRP) is a leader in material compound development and the manufacturing of custom elastomeric and thermoplastic components. For over 75 years, the company has built a reputation for collaborative design and successful production of “the tough parts.” With facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, MRP collaborates with original equipment manufacturers to solve difficult sealing and component challenges. From high-tolerance medical devices, diagnostic components and assemblies to final sterile-packaged devices we specialize in the most demanding applications using medical-grade elastomers, LSR and thermoplastics. Capabilities include materials science and formulation, fully functional product prototyping, and operational excellence and supply chain consolidation. The company’s Innovation Center, coming spring of 2022, will provide its customers with enhanced direct access to materials science expertise and a fully integrated design-build-prototype-test process that enhances innovation and greatly accelerates product development. The company places emphasis on research and development and empowers its technicians to design, formulate, develop, and test a wide range of highly engineered materials and parts.
- Drug Delivery
- Sterile Fluid Connectors
- Surgical Instruments
- Structural Heart
- Cell Therapy
Worldwide Manufacturing + Design
As a manufacturer of high precision components and assemblies, FDA Class 1, 2, and 3 products built for high-performance and reliability, our ISO-13485-certified global manufacturing facilities offer a wide range of technical services and production capabilities from Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to Lean Six Sigma best practices, producing close tolerance injection molded components, assemblies, and final sterile packaging.
New Product Design + Development
- Mechanical design and DFM review
- Lean Six Sigma best practices
- Unified Project Management
- Materials analysis; specialty elastomer compounds
- Design and development
- Prototyping services
- FEA and mold-flow analysis
- 7 Stage NPD Process from opportunity Assessment to production Control Manufacturing, Testing + Assembly
- Functional and leak testing
As a manufacturer of high precision components and assemblies, FDA Class 1, 2, and 3 products, Minnesota Rubber and Plastics specializes in finding solutions to tough applications which require the molding and assembly of close tolerance components. We offer a wide range of technical services and production capabilities from Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to Lean Six Sigma best practices, producing close tolerance injection molded components, assemblies, and final sterile packaging.
Our range of processing capabilities extend from Thermoplastics to Rubber including, Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) and Gum Stock Silicones, or High Consistency Rubber (HCR).
Our comprehensive facilities and integrated capabilities include:
- Rubber and LSR molding
- High performance bonding — metal to plastic, metal to rubber, plastic to plastics and plastics to rubber
- Over molding
- Insert molding
- Custom material formulation
- High performance plastics such as PEEK, Torlon®, Aurum® PI and more
- Injection molding of engineered and high-performance plastics
- Sterile packaged assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Custom designed seal geometry
- Rubber to TPE conversions
- High Speed Automated Vision Inspection Systems Operational Excellence + Supply Chain Consolidation
- We have dedicated and highly experienced Product Design Engineers that are ready to collaborate with you on providing Product Design Assistance to ensure successful and timely launch of differentiated solutions. Our product design engineers conceptualize and evaluate ideas by combining science and technology to create value. Their development role is facilitated by digital tools that allow them to visualize and analyze new designs, materials and products.
- Our experience in computer aided design allows us to accept files from all CAD systems. Internally our primary CAD system is I-DEAS®. We also work with PRO/Engineer®, Solidworks®, Unigraphics® NX and AutoCAD®.
- Our FEA software is especially well suited for conducting non-linear FEA on elastomeric or plastic components. FEA allows us to solve problems regarding component stress, strain, displacement, friction, thermal and impact issues as well as manufacturing simulations such as part removal from the mold.
- Mold flow analysis optimizes the mold design process, the mold and the products design to improve quality and reduce cost as well as time-to-market. We utilize SIGMASOFT® Software by SIGMA Engineering GmbH of Aachen, Germany. This is a powerful molding analysis package which is capable of analyzing thermoplastic and thermoset molding.
Material Science + Formulation
- Fully Staffed In-House Advanced Materials Laboratory
- Hundreds of Custom Elastomer Formulations Tested to Standards USP Class VI, USP, Ph. Eur. 3.2.9, and ISO 10993
REDUCING FRICTION Quniton® serves as a highly lubricious material compound with performance capabilities uniquely designed to improve and withstand application needs. Formulated to have a low coefficient of friction, it resists bonding or sticking to a wide range of materials diversifying interface capability.
Robust quality and processes:
Your custom-molded rubber and thermoplastic components can be manufactured and supported at any one of several locations we have around the world: United States, Mexico, France and China. Our worldwide manufacturing facilities operate under strict ISO guidelines.
- FDA registered sites in USA and China
- ISO 13485, ISO-TS 16949 and ISO 9000 certifications
- Scalable Class 10,000 (ISO 7) and Class 100,00 (ISO 8) clean room manufacturing
- Environmental Management System registered to the International Standards Organization series ISO-14001
- Drug Master Files
- Many materials are compliant with ISO 10993, USP Class VI, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration requirements
- Mature Lean Six Sigma program
Contact us today to learn more. Our global manufacturing and supply chains put you closer to your customers.
For more information contact Minnesota Rubber & Plastics