MICROMO Announces the Next Generation of Motion Controllers - V3.0
The new FAULHABER MC3/MCS Controller Family
MICROMO launches the new MC3/MCS motion control family - an extensive and versatile basis for the complete FAULHABER motion system. The new controllers are optimized for use with FAULHABER motor technologies, offer electronics for simple operation with state-of-the-art interfaces for multi-axis applications and provide a motion control system solution with the most compact integration into industrial grade housing.
The FAULHABER Motion Controllers V3.0 are high performance, intelligent, networked drives optimized for both OEM and automation applications. These high bandwidth controllers feature 100 microsecond sample time for velocity, position and current feedback. Industry standard network ...
The FAULHABER Motion Controllers V3.0 are high performance, intelligent, networked drives optimized for both OEM and automation applications. These high bandwidth controllers feature 100 microsecond sample time for velocity, position and current feedback.
- Industry standard network and control interfaces (Ethernet fieldbus technology, USB, network communication protocols, CANopen and RS-232)
- Robust power stage with extensive transient suppression and thermal protection (up to 10 A continuous and 30 A peak)
- Maximum performance and precision from all FAULHABER coreless DC motors, brushless DC motors and linear DC servo motors (and high power match up with a wide range of other motors up to 300 W on the market)
- New FAULHABER Motion Manager 6 setup wizard provides simplified use of FAULHABER products
- Decentralized intelligence provides the ability to save program sequences (up to eight programs can be used over all interface technologies…Ethernet fieldbus technology, USB, network communication protocols CANopen and RS-232).
- Users program these movements in BASIC with Motion Manager 6 in a single axis and create additional programs in network installations.
Three device variants cover different application areas. The Motion Controller MC 5005 and MC 5010 with housing and plug connectors are designed for use in switch cabinets or in devices. Motion control systems, such as servo motors with integrated Motion Controllers, are already pre-configured and make it possible for use directly in the automation environment. An intelligent module system makes it possible to integrate diverse brushless and brush-commutated DC servo motors into standardized housing. The MC 5004 motion controller is designed for use in existing housing as an open plug-in card. An optionally available motherboard makes it easy to get started in multi-axis applications. All three versions use the same technology basis and offer the same interface options as well as the same operating principle and functionality.
Unrivaled Performance and Flexibility
- Multiple velocity and position feedback options (7 options).
- Digital I/O and analog inputs
- Controller/subordinate and stand- alone operations available
- Modular design with three performance classes
- Available as plug-in card version
- Optional motherboard as development environment
- With Ethernet fieldbus technology interface for multi-axis applications
- Extensive protective and diagnostic functions, status LEDs
- Expanded supply range with separate electronics supply
- Improved current measurement
MICROMO (FAULHABER Group) specializes in high precision, micro drive systems, servo components and drive electronics. The product range includes brushless DC motors, small DC motors, piezo motors, stepper motors, linear servo motors, gearheads, encoders and motion controllers that are used in the most demanding applications in markets such as medical, aerospace, optics, robotics, automation and semiconductor equipment.
At MICROMO, we don’t just offer the industry’s leading high performance motion products. We engineer motion system solutions. Our Application Engineers look beyond just components to offer optimal solutions for custom mechanical and electrical requirements. MICROMO’s seasoned team has the experience in the field to assist customers with choosing the correct component and system for unique motion control needs and to meet superior precision and reliability requirements.
To learn more about incorporating the MC3/MCS controller family into an application or device, please contact MICROMO today and speak with an engineer.
Published by FAULHABER MICROMO on Jul 15, 2016
FAULHABER BXT SC - Flat Brushless Motor with Integrated Speed Controller
Optimized design & impressive performance make the new FAULHABER BXT SC series Flat Brushless DC Motor ideal for applications in medical devices, lab diagnostics, optics, and robotics. The external rotor motors are designed for continuous output power up to 100W, and deliver up to 134mNm of torque. The BX...
FAULHABER 1024 SR Coreless DC Motor
MICROMO launches next generation of small brush DC motors: the 1024 SR series from FAULHABER. This small DC motor features a 10 mm diameter and offers high performance with small dimensions and low weight, making it ideal for high-demand medical applications & portable devices. Combined with a gearhead, i...
FAULHABER 1660 BHx Series Brushless DC Motor
MICROMO launches the new FAULHABER 1660 BHx series, a high-power, slottless brushless DC motor based on 2-pole technology that's setting new standards for performance, speed, and power. 16mm in diameter and 60mm in length, the 1660 BHx series motor weighs 78g and delivers impressive high speed and torque;...
FAULHABER 3274 BP4 Brushless DC Servo Motor
The new FAULHABER 3274 BP4 motor series is overload‐resistant and operates without wear‐prone mechanical commutation. As a result, its operational lifetime is many times longer than that of a conventional DC micro motor, making the 3274 BP4 motor a perfect fit for applications in advanced robotics, e...