Medical Device Qualified Supplier Directory
Qualifications: ISO 9001, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers
Markets Supplied: Worldwide
EDM has been solving its customers’ engineering and
manufacturing challenges for more than three decades. Our approach is simple.
Unlike many regional electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers who
focus predominately on manufacturing solutions, we’ve invested in both
engineering expertise and assembly resources. As a result, we are able to
integrate seamlessly with our customers’ product development during the design
phase, filling gaps in their teams and/or making DFX recommendations. With
existing production or legacy products, we’ve been able to offer unique custom
automation or redesign recommendations to address customer cost, obsolescence
or market competitiveness challenges, as well.
Why Choose EDM?
- Our commitment to quality and responsiveness is employee-owner driven – as a 100% employee-owned company, we succeed when you succeed! From the person who quotes your project to the person who assembles your product, we all have a personal stake in making sure you are satisfied long-term and never have to change EMS providers.
- We innovate – as an engineering-centric company, we look at design, manufacturing and test challenges as opportunities to help you improve your competitive advantages.
- We provide trustworthy customer service – you are always dealing with an owner and we do what we say we’re going to do. From competitive pricing to on-time delivery, our customers know they can rely on our integrity to get the job done.
- We offer cost-effective U.S. manufacturing – this translates to better communication, less transit time, more flexibility, and consistently superior product quality.
- We lower your risk – we recognize that selecting an EMS supplier is a critical decision for your business, so choose a partner, not just a vendor. We have the resources to invest in the technology, talent and inventory solutions needed to help your projects succeed.
Our engineering-centric focus drives us to continually look for ways to take cost out of the manufacturing process. Our production automation strategies have been cost competitive enough to reshore projects from China. We’ve helped customers add electronics to their products, and redesign products for enhanced functionality and/or cost reduction. We are also experts in test engineering and apply our automation expertise to reducing the cost of test wherever possible.
We have a strong track of successfully managing variable demand production, utilizing a combination of customized stocking programs and finished goods Kanban. Our systems provide real-time visibility into on order and on hand inventory.
Our medical project expertise includes:
- Medical carts
- Controls for surgical devices
- Respirator systems
- Engineering support
- Supply chain management
- PCBA assembly
- Box build and final assembly
- Conformal coating and potting
- Post-manufacturing support.
For more information contact Electronic Design & Manufacturing