Medical DeviceQualified Supplier Directory
Resonetics Company Profile
Qualifications: ISO 13485, ISO 9001, CGMP Certified, Supplier to Medical Manufacturers, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
Markets Supplied: North America, Europe
Resonetics Overview Resonetics provides laser micro manufacturing for life sciences and specializes in applications requiring precision laser processing of polymers, metals and glass. We create features as small as 1 micron and machine materials up to 1mm thick. ...
Resonetics provides laser micro manufacturing for life sciences and specializes in applications requiring precision laser processing of polymers, metals and glass. We create features as small as 1 micron and machine materials up to 1mm thick. We have the world’s largest capacity of ultrafast laser workstations in the industry.
With decades of experience and a development lab staffed with PhDs, optical scientists and application engineers, we develop innovative solutions that address critical design requirements with a cost-effective and repeatable approach.
Resonetics has four manufacturing facilities in Boston, Dayton, San Diego and Costa Rica with ISO-13485:2003 certified quality systems and lean six-sigma practices.
Lightspeed ADL™ Application Development Lab
Our Lightspeed ADL™ Application Development Lab is dedicated to accelerating the launch of your newest technology. The 8,000-sq. ft. Lightspeed ADL offers resources focused on process development, prototyping and pilot production needs. Housing five different laser technologies and several laser workstations, and staffed by a dedicated team of application development engineers and technicians, the LightSpeed ADL is a world-class resource for the micromachining of polymers.
Life Science Markets for Laser Micromachining
Our target markets for laser micromachining in the life sciences industry include:
- Interventional therapies, encompassing cardiovascular,peripheral artery disease, neurovascular and renal denervation. Examples of our work in these areas include laser cutting bioresorbable scaffolds, drilling holes in drug-eluding balloons, and skiving catheters.
- Diabetes care, where laser cutting, stripping and drilling can all assist in the fabrication of glucose sensors.
- In vitro diagnostics, a market in which highly precise laser technology, especially laser drilling, is an attractive manufacturing method to meet the feature sizes and tolerances at the cellular level.
- Electronic implants such as pacemakers, spinal cord stimulators and cochlear implants, all of which benefit from laser micromachining for precise fabrication and tiny features.
- Ophthalmology, where implants are used to treat various conditions. Laser micromachining is essential for miniaturizing implant components with absolute precision.
- Orthopaedicsincludes implants for which laser micromachining is ideally suited for surface modification with dimensions from tens to hundreds of micrometers.
- Drug deliverydevices have become smaller and more sophisticated, making laser micromachining, particularly laser drilling, essential for fabricating features like micron-size, repeatable holes with programmable taper and hole profile in polymer films.
We are the experts in laser micromachining polymers, metals and glass for life sciences. Learn more about our expertise and see examples in the links below:
- Laser cutting-- cutting, sizing, singulation, edge refinement and de-gating components and devices
- Laser drilling-- the only viable way to produce tight-tolerance holes, down to 1 micron in diameter
- Laser welding -- stainless steel, precious metals and nitinol
- Laser wire stripping– removal of the polymer insulation layer-by-layer, where each layer can be as small as 0.1 micron
- Bioresorbable scaffolds– precision cutting of scaffolds/stents in a Class 8 cleanroom
- Surface texturing– alteration of 2-D surfaces, such as flat films, or 3-D surfaces such as implants, catheters, or balloons
- High volume production– tight-tolerance, micromachined polymer components produced in high volumes
- System design/fabrication-- purpose-built production lines that meet specific client needs for precision and cost-effectiveness
Quality is a critical component of life science manufacturing. Resonetics is ISO 13485:2003 and 9001:2008 certified and we understand the importance of manufacturing quality products every time, on time. We emphasize total customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and defect prevention through a robust, data driven, QSR and cGMP (current good manufacturing practices) compliant world-class quality system.
Our commitment to R&D includes investing five to six percent of our revenues each year in R&D. With seven patents issued, more pending and a large number of idea disclosures under review, our team has a demonstrated ability to develop novel solutions to solve manufacturing challenges.
For more information contact Resonetics