Medical DeviceQualified Supplier Directory
Donaldson Company, Inc. Company Profile
Qualifications: ISO 9001, Exhibitor in at least 2 MD&M and/or MEDTEC shows
Markets Supplied: North America, Europe, Worldwide
Donaldson Protective Vents help ensure the performance of a wide variety of healthcare and ...
Donaldson Protective Vents help ensure the performance of a wide variety of healthcare and medical devices. From hearing devices to insulin pumps, our vents protect medical devices from environmental contamination and allow patients the freedom to live the lifestyle they want.
Donaldson offers Protective Vents in a wide variety of materials and configurations to meet the needs of medical device manufacturers. Our vents protect your devices from environmental challenges while maintaining the performance that your customers demand. As your Partner in Problem Solving, Donaldson will help you find the right solution to meet your needs.
- Acoustic vents for microphones or speakers
- Medical device venting
- Drainage bags
- IV administration sets
- Ostomy bags
- Urine bags
- Packaging vents
- Spike vents
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Hydrophobic - gas permeable water barrier with IP ratings of IP44 to IP67/IP68
- Oleophobic option - provides oil repellency rating up to 8 while allowing air flow
- High particulate removal rate - up to 99.999% efficiency
- High bacterial removal rate - up to 99.999% efficiency on 0.1 micron particles
- High air flow rates - to ensure adequate venting and pressure equalization
- Toxicity tested to USP 23, Class VI - to ensure biocompatibility
- Clean, non-shedding, minimal extractables - to maintain a clean environment
- Chemically inert - to ensure vent reliability
- Thermally stable - to accommodate a wide variety of environments
- Tetratex® - White or black ePTFE membrane vents available
- Acoustically transparent material available - allows excellent sound transmissionwhile protecting microphones and speakers
PRODUCT DESIGN OPTIONS
Donaldson’s technical experts can custom-design a vent that results in the most effective venting solution for your needs, utilizing:
- Material options including:
- Donaldson’s Tetratex® ePTFE membrane in a wide range of pore sizes, air flows, water and oil repellency, and particulate removal efficiencies, in white or black
- Acoustically transparent materials
- Others as requested
- Ultra-Web® O.C. adsorbents for removing:
- Water vapor
- Volatile organics
- Acid gases
- Base gases
- Integration options including:
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive
- Injection over-molding
- Heat welding
- Sonic welding
Protective Vents are designed to provide protection from particles, oils, and liquids without negatively affecting the operation of the device. They are comprised of a filtration membrane and a pressure-sensitive adhesive ring for securing the filter to the device.
Vent Assemblies provide protection from particles, oils, and liquids while allowing pressure equalization in enclosures. Vent Assemblies are typically used in devices where adhesives are not appropriate, where chemical incompatibilities or extreme temperatures exist, in devices requiring physical protection of the filter path, and/or ease of assembly into the device.
Acoustic Vents are essential to protecting the speaker and microphone on portable electronic devices. Donaldson's acoustically transparent filtration products provide speakers and microphones with an effective barrier to dirt, dust, hair spray, oils, perspiration, and water.
Screw Vents provide protection from particles, water, oils, and liquids while allowing pressure equalization in enclosures. This durable, threaded vent is easily integrated into existing equipment and can be used in a variety of applications including sensors, protective cases, lighting enclosures, appliances and general enclosures where protective venting is required. Screw vents are ideal for harsh environments where protection of the vent is necessary.
Adsorbent Filters are designed to remove odors and provide protection from hydrocarbons, acid and base gases, and the effects of water vapor without negatively affecting operation of the device. These products are available as Adsorbent Breather Filters, Adsorbent Label Filters, Adsorbent Breather Assemblies and Adsorbent Pouch Filters.
Donaldson prides itself in offering customers a wide variety of manufacturing capabilities, which includes:
- Cost-effective solutions
- Thermal and adhesive lamination
- Thermal attachment of filter material to plastic
- Die cutting
- Cleanroom levels from Class 10,000 to 100
- ISO 9001 - 2000 certification
- Global operations
We are ISO 9001 certified, and our focus is on high quality manufacturing, responsive customer service, and tailored solutions that can be easily integrated into our customer’s device or application. Our unique, proprietary filtration and adsorbent materials and oleophobic treatment processes allow us to select the best types of materials to meet your application requirements.
Donaldson Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of filtration products, with sales and manufacturing of medical venting products in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Let Donaldson be your partner in problem solving.
Donaldson Company, Inc.
Donaldson Venting Solutions
PO Box 1299
Tel +1 952-887-3874
Donaldson Venting Solutions
Donaldson Europe b.v.b.a
Research Park Building No. 1303
Tel +32 (0) 16 383710
For more information contact Donaldson Company, Inc.